We still have a few open roster positions.
If you are interested in being evaluated to join team please e-mail email@example.com
The Tryout Process
The tryout process is held once a year in the spring. The results of these tryouts will help determine the teams for the following fall and spring seasons. All age groups have a single day tryout.
Players will be run through a series of drills, game situations, and small sided team play. Evaluation will be done by our Director(s) of Coaching and Director(s) of Player development in conjunction with club coaches.
The number of teams formed for each age group and skill level will be determined based on the assessment of tryout participants.
- CURRENT Port Orange/Florida Elite PLAYERS SHOULD NOT WEAR ANY Port Orange/Florida Elite BRANDED UNIFORMS OR SHIRTS TO TRYOUTS.
- Tryouts will be held at the Coraci Sports Complex located at 5200 Coraci Blvd, Port Orange, FL 32128
- Players must wear appropriate clothes including cleats and shin guards.
- Players must attend tryouts based on their current age, regardless of what age they played last season.
- There will be water breaks between drills. Players must bring their own water.
- Do not bring a soccer ball to tryouts.
- Parents are not allowed to be on the field during tryouts.
What will the tryout evaluators be looking for?
1. Ball control and dribbling skills
4. Game Awareness
Use your time playing at the tryouts to show off any or all of these skills. If you are interested in playing as goalkeeper, let the evaluators know.
Player selection will be determined through a combination of tryout results, trainer and coach recommendation. Having previously played for a team does not guarantee a spot for the next season.
TEAM PLACEMENT WILL BE OFFERED THE DAY OF TRYOUTS.
Offers will be made immediately following your tryout.
Be prepared to register on the night of tryouts when you receive an offer. Parent/Guardian MUST be present.
Financial assistance is available and information can be found under the financial assistance tab.
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Port Orange Soccer Club.